Healthy Auckland Together
We are a coalition of 26 organisations representing local government, mana whenua, health agencies, NGOs, university and consumer interest groups.
By working together to change policy, infrastructure design and planning, our environments can encourage physical activity and good nutrition. This means looking across the whole system - transport, urban planning, food supply and retail, education and business, so all Aucklanders benefit.
So many drivers of obesity, inactivity and ill health exist outside the health sector, and changing these can be more effective than asking individuals to amend their ways.
We have an Action Plan for the next five years.
Our members are –
- Auckland Council
- Mana Whenua I Tamaki Makaurau
- Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua
- Auckland Transport
- New Zealand Heart Foundation
- Pacific Heartbeat
- Aktive - Auckland Sport & Recreation
- Healthy Families Waitakere
- Tamaki Healthy Families Alliance
- Auckland disability interest groups
- Auckland Regional Public Health Service
- Auckland District Health Board
- Waitemata District Health Board
- Counties Manukau District Health Board
- Auckland University and School of Population Health
- Health Promotion Agency
- Auckland Primary Health Organisations
- Hapai te Hauora
- The National Institute for Health Innovation
- The Asian Network
- Ministry of Health